All our work combines direct representation, education, and advocacy across the city, state, and nation. Our medical-legal partnerships are innovative models of civil legal aid that work hand-in-hand with hospitals, health systems, and community providers to focus support to clinicians and free legal assistance to patients at our main office and partnership sites:
AIDS LEGAL COUNCIL free legal assistance for children, adults, and families impacted by HIV/AIDS. Please call (312) 427-8990 to confirm hours.
- RUTH M. ROTHSTEIN CORE CENTER: 2020 W. Harrison Street, 3rd Floor East, Chicago, IL 60618, Tel: (312) 572-4766, Fax: (312) 572-4804, (Mondays 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., alternate Wednesdays from 1 to 4 p.m., alternate Thursdays from 1 to 4 p.m.)
- TPAN LEGAL CLINIC: 5537 N. Broadway St., Chicago, IL 60640 (every Thursday, 1 to 5 p.m.)
- HOWARD BROWN HEALTH CENTER: 4025 N. Sheridan Ave. Chicago, IL 60613, Tel: 773-388-1600 (every Wednesday, from 1 to 5 p.m.)
- AUSTIN HEALTH CENTER (CBC CLINIC): 4800 W. Chicago Ave., Chicago IL 60651, (first and third Tuesdays, 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
- MERCY HOSPITAL: 2525 S Michigan Ave Chicago, IL 60616, (second and fourth Fridays, from 1 to 5 p.m.)
CHICAGO MEDICAL-LEGAL PARTNERSHIP FOR CHILDREN Civil legal aid to children, youth and their families challenged by chronic, disabling, and stigmatized health conditions.
- COMER CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL: 5721 S Maryland Ave, Chicago, IL 60637, (By appointment only)
- MOUNT SINAI HOSPITAL (Under the Rainbow Behavioral Health Clinic): 1500 South Fairfield Ave, Chicago, IL 60608 (By appointment only)
- FRIEND FAMILY HEALTH CENTER (FQHC):800 E 55th St. Chicago, IL 60615, (By appointment only)
- UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS CHECK (Coordination of Healthcare for Complex Kids) PROGRAM: 840 S. Wood St. Chicago, IL 60612 (By appointment only)
HOMELESS OUTREACH PROJECT Social Security federal disability benefits advocacy for individuals who are homeless/at-risk of homelessness and living with mental illness.
- FANTUS CLINIC: John H Stroger Jr Hospital, 1901 W Harrison St Chicago, IL (Wednesdays, by appointment only)
- FRANCISCAN HOUSE SHELTER: 2715 W Harrison Chicago, IL (Wednesdays, by appointment only)
- FRANCISCAN OUTREACH MARQUARD CENTER: 1645 W LeMoyne Chicago, IL (Wednesdays, by appointment only)
- BREAKTHROUGH URBAN MINISTRIES: Womens’ and Mens’ shelters, as needed
- The project also trains and takes referrals from community providers including Thresholds Mobile Outreach Unit, Heartland Health Outreach, Haymarket, Matthew House, The Boulevard, Ezra, and others.
MAIN LOOP OFFICE NEW ADDRESS: 17 N. State St. Ste. 900 Chicago, IL 60602 (Monday to Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.), Tel: (312) 427-8990, Fax: (312) 427-8419. During the summer we close at 1 p.m. on Fridays (Memorial Day to Labor Day).