All our work combines direct representation, education, and advocacy across the city, state, and nation. Our medical-legal partnerships are innovative models of civil legal aid that work hand-in-hand with hospitals, health systems, and community providers to focus support to clinicians and free legal assistance to patients at our main office and partnership sites:
AIDS LEGAL COUNCIL free legal assistance for children, adults, and families impacted by HIV/AIDS. Please call (312) 427-8990 to confirm hours.
- RUTH M. ROTHSTEIN CORE CENTER: 2020 W. Harrison Street, 3rd Floor East, Chicago, IL 60618, Tel: (312) 572-4766, Fax: (312) 572-4804, (Mondays 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., alternate Wednesdays from 1 to 4 p.m., alternate Thursdays from 1 to 4 p.m.)
- TPAN LEGAL CLINIC: 5050 N. Broadway Street, Suite 300, Chicago, IL 60640, (every Thursday, 1 to 5 p.m.)
- HOWARD BROWN HEALTH CENTER: 4025 N. Sheridan Ave. Chicago, IL 60613, Tel: 773-388-1600 (every Wednesday, from 1 to 5 p.m.)
- AUSTIN HEALTH CENTER (CBC CLINIC): 4800 W. Chicago Ave., Chicago IL 60651, (first and third Tuesdays, 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
- MERCY HOSPITAL: 2525 S Michigan Ave Chicago, IL 60616, (second and fourth Fridays, from 1 to 5 p.m.)
CHICAGO MEDICAL-LEGAL PARTNERSHIP FOR CHILDREN Civil legal aid to children, youth and their families challenged by chronic, disabling, and stigmatized health conditions.
- COMER CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL: 5721 S Maryland Ave, Chicago, IL 60637, (By appointment only)
- MOUNT SINAI HOSPITAL (Under the Rainbow Behavioral Health Clinic): 1500 South Fairfield Ave, Chicago, IL 60608 (By appointment only)
- FRIEND FAMILY HEALTH CENTER (FQHC):800 E 55th St. Chicago, IL 60615, (By appointment only)
- UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS CHECK (Coordination of Healthcare for Complex Kids) PROGRAM: 840 S. Wood St. Chicago, IL 60612 (By appointment only)
HOMELESS OUTREACH PROJECT Social Security federal disability benefits advocacy for individuals who are homeless/at-risk of homelessness and living with mental illness.
- FANTUS CLINIC: John H Stroger Jr Hospital, 1901 W Harrison St Chicago, IL (Fridays, from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.)
- FRANCISCAN HOUSE SHELTER: 2715 W Harrison Chicago, IL (first Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- FRANCISCAN OUTREACH MARQUARD CENTER: 1645 W LeMoyne Chicago, IL (third Wednesdays from 1 to 4:30 p.m.)
- BREAKTHROUGH URBAN MINISTRIES: Womens’ and Mens’ shelters, as needed
- The project also trains and takes referrals from community providers including Thresholds Mobile Outreach Unit, Heartland Health Outreach, Haymarket, and others.
MAIN LOOP OFFICE NEW ADDRESS: 17 N. State St. Ste. 900 Chicago, IL 60602 (Monday to Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.), Tel: (312) 427-8990, Fax: (312) 427-8419. During the summer we close at 1 p.m. on Fridays (Memorial Day to Labor Day).